So yesterday I reflected on the year I had just had. Now I’m looking forward and seeing how I can make the next year a good one.
So idon’t normally do Resolutions, but I think I need to set myself some targets for the year. I may not hit them all but I certainly will try. I’vealso learn that a good mindet is vital so I am going to set myself so targets with that in mind.
So here is what I want to do:
1. Break the 24 Hour Marathon Record for a rugby match and raise over 3 grand doing so: This will be one of the toughest aims but I know me and the boys can do it. Everyone is focused, wants that record and to raise money for charity. We know it won’t be easy, but the elation when that whistle blows and the record is broken will be worth it!
2. Cycle from Lands End to John O Groats. This is what the next few months are built around, what the last year comes down too. I’m going to be pushed to breaking point doing this ride i am under no doubt about that. I expect I will learn more about myself than I ever have before. I expect there will be laughs, tears, highs, lows and lots in between. And I cannot wait to get going on it! The time is flying by and I still have much to do before this. Which brings me to aim number 3….
3. Get into the best shape I can/ Lose another stone in weight: Now I’m not saying i will become some sort of uber athlete. But I am proud of how much i’ve progressed this year, but i still have a long way to go to get to where I want to be. I’ve dropped two stone this year and losing around another stone before the ride would be great. I also want to hit the cycling and training hard and make sure I am physical and mentally ready for all the above. I want to drop another stone before the bike ride and to do that I need to be more disciplined with my diet, but if I can manage that its certainly doable.
4. Go back to Wales and finish what I started in the Tour of Britain. Now this was one of the biggest disappointments of the last year. So I don’t want to dwell on this and want to go back to the Tour of Britain Welsh stage and finish what I couldn’t last time out. It looked a tough route, but if i can managed the above I should be in good shape to do so.
5. Keep cycling. After the ride I don’t want to give up on the cycling. I want to go out and give my all after the event and kick on as a cyclist. I want to do some of the events from last year again, experience some new ones and keep on pushing myself. I want to go back and do some of the previous rides and signup to do someI have not yet done.
6. Cycle 5000 Miles in a Calender year: This will be tough but if i kept cycling regularly and do all the events I want to do, its certainly achieveable.
7. Score a try. Its been 15 years since I last scored a try. I’m not greedy I just want to cross the whitewash once!
8. Go on a holiday. So i’ve never been away on a holiday with Em and this year after all the above I feel like I will have earnt a break if it all goes to plan.
9. Get my Career back on track. I feel all of the stuff of the last year has help me as a person, but I miss working and I want to get back into working as soon as possible! I have a few promising leads on this so hopefully it wont be too long!
10. Don’t put of till tomorrow what I can do today. I’m terrible at this. I’ll always put of things I don’t want to do, when really I have no reason not to just get on and do it.
11. The glass is half full! This may come as a surprise to some of you but i can be a negative git sometimes! Thanks to a friend I’ve already had a bit of a kick up the arse in this area and now I need to keep it going. When I’m positive life is far more fun. I cannot control the things I worry about, so its best just to go at it hard and tackle them all as best I can.
So those are my aims what are yours? Writting them down has me buzzing about the year ahead already and I cannot wait to get craking with it all!
And finally, i’d like to thank you all for reading my blog and supporting me in the new year. Especially, a big thank you must go to all who have donated so far and to everyone who has helped me make the events a success. Please continue to support me in the new year, i promise it will be a hell of a ride:
Whatever you goals/hopes/resolutions for the new year are, I wish you every success in the year in achieving them.